- Appointed by the Unit Chair and approved by the Board of Directors
- Member of the Education Committee and represented on the Board of Directors by the Education-Special Events Chair
- Two year term beginning July 1st following appointment
- Does not need to attend Board meetings, but as with all members may do so if there is a desire or need to do so.
General Statement: Oversee the Scholarship Committee to select recipients of the Pioneer Unit Member Scholarships and the Madalene Hill Pioneer Unit College Scholarship(s).
- Select other Pioneer Unit members (at least two others) to serve on the Scholarship Committee. Unit Chair is an ex-officio member of the Scholarship and all other committees (sans Nominating Committee).
- Serve under the Education-Special Events Chair as a committee member.
- In June, July, and August (and possibly September) newsletters put out a call and application for Pioneer Unit members to apply for one of two Member Scholarships along with requirements if receiving one of those scholarships
- Following the September Unit meeting get together with the Scolarship Committee to select Member Scholarship recipient(s).
- In December send out information to colleges about the HSA Pioneer Unit Madalene Hill College Scholarship along with the deadline for applications.
- In May meet with the Scholarship Committee to select recipient(s) of the college scholarship(s).
- Work with the Unit Treasurer to make sure that payments by check are sent to recipients/colleges in a timely manner.
- Write report for the Unit Annual Meeting highlighting accomplishments for the year.