- Appointed by the Chair and approved by the Board of Directors
- Member of the Board of Directors (BOD)
- Attend all Unit meetings as possible
- Attend all Board meetings
- Represents the Scholarship Committee Chair on the Board
- Two year term beginning July 1st following appointment
General Statement: The Education and Special Events Chair is responsible for the development and execution of field trips and workshops as well as any educational events for the public (such as Herb Day).
- Appoint a committee to assist in carrying out the duties of the position, if desired.
- Plan and execute field trips.
- Plan and execute special workshops to benefit members.
- Plan and execute and educational activities for the public – such as demonstrations at Herb Day or any participation at other plant-related educational events.
- Work with the Unit Treasurer to help determine yearly budget needs.
- Submit a written report at the Annual Unit Meeting enumerating accomplishments of the previous year.
- The Scholarship Committee is a separate sub-committee and is headed by the Scholarship Chair. The Education & Special Events Chair represents the Scholarship Chair/Committee on the Board of Directors.