- Receives appointment by the Chairman and approved by the Board of Directors for a two-year term beginning July 1.
- Attends all Unit meetings as possible.
- Attends all Board meetings as a member of the Board of Directors.
General Statement: Shall serve as the chair of the communications committee that includes the following areas: publicity, newsletter, social media, and website.
- Oversee areas that comprise communications;
- With the help of the President, recruit members to cover all duties:
- Provide guidance and help for area chairs regarding their responsibilities;
- Monitor committee expenses including website costs, newspaper ads, Facebook ads, and the yearly Herbarist ad;
- Publicize Plant Sale;
- Note: Limit publicity to the Plant Sale rather than the Forum itself.
- Submit Herbarist ad;
- Submit Board report following Herbal Forum and for other Board meetings;
- Determine additional means of communications;
- Meet with successor at end of term to facilitate transition.
- Maintain a list of publicity sites including Chamber of Commerces, print newspapers correspondents, garden clubs, magazines, radio stations, newspapers, and hand delivered flyers.
- Email plant sale flyers, calendar notices, and briefs about mid-February and again mid-March to publicity sites.
- Enter Plant Sale information on Chamber of Commerce sites that allow entries.
- Place ads in Banner Press, Fayette County Record, and other newspapers for plant sale;
- Submit daily briefs about Plant Sale for the Brenham Banner;
- Keep a publicity file;
Social Media: Facebook
- Update Facebook site;
- Respond to Facebook comments and messages as appropriate;
- Post HSA meeting information;
- Post HSA images;
- Post link to HSA newsletter;
- Post Plant Sale brochure in February;
- Post Plant Sale list as soon as available;
- Post Plant Sale entry weekly till event;
- Provide Facebook stats for Board report.
- Keep HSA website up-to-date including programs, officers, and directory;
- Post HSA newsletter;
- Post next Plant Sale date on website as soon as old one is finished;
- Post Plant Sale brochure on website as soon as available.
- Request newsletter articles from members;
- Create monthly newsletter;
- Publish newsletter to all members and associates.
- Manage email account;
- Manage list serv account including member email addresses;
- Respond to or forward email as needed.