- Appointed by the Chair and approved by the Board of Directors
- Member of the Board of Directors (BOD)
- Attend all Unit meetings as possible
- Attend all Board meetings
- Two year term beginning July 1st following appointment
General Statement: The Pioneer Unit Archivist and Rosemary Chair shall be in charge of overseeing the compiling and storage of all documents relating to the proceedings and history of the Pioneer Unit as Archivist and the sending of birthday and other necessary greeting cards (sympathy, get well, “we’re thinking of you”, etc..) to members of the Pioneer Unit as Rosemary Chair.
- Gather all documents (newsletters, board meeting minutes, end of year reports, etc..) compiled by the Unit secretary at the end of the year and store them in a safe and logical manner where they can possibly be retrieved for use if needed. It is the job of the Unit secretary to compile copies of these items until the end of each business year.
- Gather other articles of historical interest to the Unit – such as newspaper clipping, notice of awards recognition for members, photographs of events (possibly in scrapbook format), information regarding the Herbal Forum, and so on.
- Purchase any supplies such as storage bins, folders, sheet protectors, etc… and turn in receipts to Unit Treasurer for reimbursement.
- Information dating back to the Unit’s founding in 1994 is labeled and placed in storage.
- Keep available the current three years of folders for easy access if needed.
- Acquire cards (often donated by Unit members) for recognizing a variety of occasions:
-deaths of close relatives
-congratulations on special events
- Work with the Unit Chair and Newsletter Editor to make sure that important events are made known to the general membership of the Pioneer Unit.
- Submit budgetary requirements to the Unit Treasurer for means of establishing a yearly budget for Archives/Rosemary.
- Submit a written report at the Annual Unit Meeting enumerating accomplishments of the previous year.